Dates: Wednesday July 9th - Sunday July 13
Web Link: http://www.highlandlakes.com/log/index.htm.
There is a map at the end of the page.
Lesley needs the following from you ASAP
count and arrival plan for everybody,for meal planning/housing purposes
commitment on Wednesday arrivals
per family (if you haven't mailed yet), with $200 in reserve re: last year
We have 3 houses: 2 identical side by side
3/2 Cabins. They are named the K-bar and yes...The Johnson. (Photos
entitled front/ back/ distance to the lake/ basement/ porch show these cabins).
They each have:
- Open style loft queen/ bath,
- 1st level floor enclosed King/ bath,
- The third bedroom is a ground level with 2 nice futons (she calls doubles). Huge room /
TV but have to go upstairs to use a sink/ bathroom. This is the first time I've ever
put anyone on Futons: but it was it was the only way I could afford it. Besides the
obvious discomfort, sleeper sofas and Futons are usually without privacy and for house
stuffings. These are nice Futons and in an enclosed room (Photo of Basement).
- Each has boat docking area.
- The big kids can head right out the front door into deep water: rope swing. There is
also a shallow sandy area roped off. The lovely sitting area in photos is out the front
door and to the left.
The third house is the Von Donop. (I didn't plan on renting this one originally, so no
- This will be the main house for cooking : gourmet Kitchen and Serving: it's huge and
- It's further back on a cove that is a "swimming hole" reported to be fine for
wee ones and waterplay. It looked ookie when I was there. It's more of a walk than I like
between the two cabins and this one. (But the one I wanted to be our big house got
away.... Sigh) However, this house is lovely.
- 2 kings/ 2 queens/ 3 bathrooms
- This will be headquarters for little ones and toddlers for safety concerns. (Look at
those rails and steps)
Room assignments will be made factoring age
of Kiddos, Safety concerns and past history of who took one for the team.
If anyone has a special request, please let me know.
Absolutely no pets. Not even my pups will make an appearance. Owners are irritating
(shock and amazement) and live directly across the front of our rental houses.
I am still working on area
activities and things to do. Suggestions are welcome.
Things to bring:
- We will be closer to the waterfront than we have ever been with all 3 houses.
- We will set up House Rules to clarify swimming rules.
- All of the houses are multiple level: those of you with wee ones that shouldn't be going
up and downstairs and in/out the house: bring your babygates.
- Also, the K-bar and Johnson are rustic: the staircases and upper loft areas are
- Your Water Wings, floatees and lake play gear. Bring your life preservers.
- Lake/ water shoes: not required soft sandy bottom but it is a walk from the 3rd house to
the front 2.
- Lawn Chairs
- Bring your towels for bath and beach. (Washer and dryer detergent in the big house.)
- Sleeping bags, wubbies, or pallets for the kids. All bedding is provided for adults.
- Your Mugs or grab a new one.
- Bunko gifts: bring at least one gag or good gift per person in your party (who can roll
the dice and count.) Wrap as creatively or deviously.
- BYO: Booze, breakfast and beverages and Milk
- Chips, cookies: what would feed your gang 4 days
- Coolers for soft drinks.
- Card tables for Bunko: any local folks with the room to bring a Square card table? Let
me Know. One table for every 4 players: 6-7 tables needed.
- Paint pens? Anyone got some?
- Large drink cooler for tea or lemonade Anyone? Anyone?